Brisbane City Council - buy back for flood affected properties
The floods of 2011 reminded Queenslanders that when it does rain, there are significant parts of the State that have been built in flood affected areas.
To combat flooding, Brisbane City Council has established a buy-back scheme to purchase properties that are regularly affected by flooding in regular storm events. Recently it has been dry, however if you don't wish to remain in a property that is affected by flooding when it does rain, you may be able to apply to Council to have your property purchased.
To be eligible to apply to Council for the buy-back scheme, you need to show the following:
- That your home is at risk of flooding from a two year Average Recurrence Interval (ARI) creek flood event. Essentially your home must have a 50% chance of being inundated every year from creek and local flooding.
- Your property must be zoned residential.
- The water must flood into your home.
- Flooding cannot be resolved in any other way, for example diverted away from the home by installing pipes or a drain.
Please refer to the link below to Council's website with more information regarding the buy-back scheme.
To assist you with determining whether your property is situated in an area that is a high risk of flooding, please refer to the link below:
If you think you may be eligible and would like to explore your options in having your property purchased by Council, please do not hesitate to contact our office on (07) 3221 7750 or send an enquiry via our website and we contact you.
Our firm can assist you with putting together your application therefore maximising your chances of success and securing the best possible price from Council.
- AIRPORT LINK / STAFFORD ROAD WIDENING PROJECTS INFORMATION EVENING: 13/05/2008
- BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION - HOW CAN I GET PAID?
- COLLINGWOOD PARK SUBSIDENCE
- PACIFIC MOTORWAY TRANSIT PROJECT INFORMATION EVENING: 20/05/2008
- PROPERTY RESUMPTIONS COMMUNITY MEETING TONIGHT